Chad Hurley Talks Of YouTube’s Beginning To Acquisition [NewTeeVee]
Liz Gannes Of NeeTeeVee has recorded the below video of how YouTube started all the way up until they were acquired.
Some of the interesting points in the video are:
- YouTube initially used ServerBeach’s $129/month unlimited data plan
- YouTube didn’t have a presentation when presenting to VCs on Sand Hill Road… just product stats
- YouTube had about 8 people working for free before funding. Hurley just told them that they’d work it out after funding.
- Making the decision to be acquired was tough. They could have pushed for more funding, but it would have been threatening a lot of other services. Google helped them refine their model.
- The day that they were acquired, YouTube moved offices. The press showed up at the old office.