PressPlane Raises $1.7 Million From Mika Salmi, Rich Barton, Erik Blachford, Andy Liu, Alex Algard, Geoff Entress, Andy Sack, Adrian Hanauer, John Cunningham, and Dough Rowan
PressPlane is a new stealth startup company that aims to “making your business life easier.” PressPlane is being incubated by Curious Office, a seed stage investment company based in Seattle. What makes PressPlane a big deal is the investors that joined in to put $1.7 million Series A into the company.
As mentioned in the title, the investors include:
- Mika Salmi (President of MTV and founder of AtomFilms)
- Rich Barton (Founder of Expedia and Zillow)
- Erik Blachford (former CEO of Expedia)
- Andy Liu (Publisher of BuddyTV)
- Alex Algard (Founder of Whitepages)
- Geoff Entress (Venture Partner at Madrona)
- Andy Sack (Co-founder of Judy’s Book)
- Adrian Hanauer (Curious Office co-founder)
- John Cunningham
- Dough Rowan (former CEO of Corbis Corporation)
PressPlane will be a way for small businesses to create marketing materials according to TechCrunch. If you are an accountant, you can go into the pre-made themes and create brochures, business cards, etc. There was also a rumor that VC firm, DFJ wanted to invest and gain a board seat, but it didn’t work out.
PressPlane is currently in alpha mode, but users can still request for an invitation.This article was written by Amit Chowdhry. You can follow me at @amitchowdhry or on Google+ at +AmitChowdhry