Bill Gates Sells Off 8 Million Shares Of Microsoft Stock This Month Already
According to a U.S. SEC filing, Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates sold off about 1 million shares of Microsoft stock. This brings his August stock sell-off to 8 million. Despite selling off the stock, Bill Gates still owns over 725 million shares which is 8% of Microsoft’s total outstanding stock. Altogether this is still worth about $17 billion.
These are the following shares he sold and the prices in August alone:
– August 3: Sold 2 million shares @ $24.17 each – Total $48,340,000
– August 4: Sold 1 million shares @ $23.78 each – Total $23,780,000
– August 5: Sold 2 million shares @ $23.74 each – Total $47,480,000
– August 6: Sold 1 million shares @ $23.64 each – Total $23,640,000
– August 7: Sold 1 million shares @ $24.01 each – Total $24,010,000
– August 10: Sold 1 million shares @ $23.70 each Total $23,700,000
Grand Total: $190,950,000
What is Bill Gates planning to do with $190 million? My guess is make some personal investments and spending some of it on the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Microsoft stock was trading at $14.87 this past March, but things started picking up after the deal with Yahoo! was announced, the XBox team announced Project Natal, and the prices of the Windows 7 operating system were released.This article was written by Amit Chowdhry. You can follow me at @amitchowdhry or on Google+ at +AmitChowdhry