VS Technologies Suing Twitter For Allowing People To Talk To Celebrities

In what I believe is what one of strangest lawsuits ever to be filed against Twitter, VS Technologies is suing because the service let people engage with celebrities. Some of Twitter’s most popular celebrities include P. Diddy, Britney Speaers, Ashton Kutcher, Demi Moore, 50 Cent, and Ellen Degeneres.

VS apparently owns patent #6,408,309, which is called “Method and system for creating an interactive virtual community of famous people.” VS was awarded the patent in 2002, but the company has no information about themselves online when I searched on Google. There are other companies found on Google called VS Technologies, but they are not the same ones suing Twitter.

In the lawsuit, VS Technologies is asking “for Defendant’s infringement, which by law cannot be less than would constitute a reasonable royalty for the use of the patented technology, together with interest and costs as fixed by this Court.”

VS Technologies Suing Twitter For Allowing People To Talk To Celebrities Comments

1. Brian says:

I think that this is completely idiotic!!! Whoever implimented this stipulation and would even consider writing up this rule simply reflects that type of person anyways. People should be able to converse with ANYONE they choose…!! What, next YOU are going to try and subtract parts in the Constitution of the United States?? Take away, freedom of speech all together!? I don't think so, not smart and this is what I am refering to when I say "idiotic" indeed!!! I can think of a few more more choice words that would better suit the person, however without a face nor a name I would simply be stereotyping and clearly puting myself in the nearby catergory, so I will not do that…

2. Brian says:

Weather people are wealthy, poor, old, young, famous, the average joe etc. and so on and so forth…..the bottom line is that everyone is living, breathing human beings! I know that there is in fact a lot of famous/wealthy-well off people that think that they are better than the poor and the same goes for the poor…I correct myself when I say "poor", lets just put it for arguments sake; "not wealthy people" do the same and think they too are better than others because of a job, vehicle, status, money etc. or whatever the personal reasoning is to think this nonsense BS. WE ARE ALL HUMAN BEINGS! It really upsets me to think that now adays people are so sue-happy and it is really sad. People should be able to converse with whomever they choose and if someone doesn't want to talk back, then that too is their choice. Aren't these websites equipped with blocking abilities and the option to even accept and add the ones they choose to be a part of their so called "social networking" group or groups? Yea… **Very Retorical** They are! Especially Twitter!!

3. Brian says:

You cannot just pop in and decide that a celebrity or somone with elite status and wealth to follow you, they MUST make that decision, it is the personal choice of that particular individual to allow somone access to be apart of their "Big Picture" of personal life and space! So I personally think that suing is rediculous and in fact the whole damn contract should be completely overhauled and reevaluated in its entirety. I know also that much more than not, people will agree strongly with me as well. For example, There is really only one celebrity that I respect, that I would really even want to be friends with anyways and I have asked her to follow me so I am able to converse with her and she has not accepted me and she is ALWAYS updating and twittering, so this validates the authenticity of my statement and beliefs that much more. She simply does not want to follow me.

4. Brian says:

I am hoping that it is simply that she wants to keep a certain people there and not a ton of people (though it would be really neat if she did), I am certain that she is not of the shallow type of "all about money and status" profile of person whom she thinks she is better than anyone else and only wants to follow only famous and wealthy people and the reason I believe that is because there is a ton of famous people that she is not following either :) Love You Ms. Lohan!

5. Brian says:

I would think twice about suing them, because it is rediculous and really sad. I truly pray to God that if we are the generation that lives through a horrible wipe-out tragity to where we are forced to do it all over again, in the raw with only trees dirt and what is left of the land etc. that people will not continue to say, "I have a hundred twigs and rocks and you only have five, therefore I am better than you"! It is safe to say that unfortunately, that people will do that too :( This is what I believe and my feelings given on the matter. Lets stick together, we are ALL we have!! Flesh and blood, heart beating human beings living life… -Brian

6. Brian says:

This was the ONLY way I could post all of my fellings on the matter, is to do mulitple posts! LOL :) good stuff indeed…!! -Brian

7. Galudan says:

I don't see how Twitter is a infringement to the patent in the first place. The flowchart to me more outlines a virtual community where people endeavoring (meaning trying) to do something, can get advice from Famous people in that field, and or have famous people in that field comment on there endeavors. Which last i checked people aren't asking the famous people on twitter for advice on stuff.

8. Galudan says:

Actually just opened the Patent and it is just that even says that in the patent under Abstract. A method and system for creating an interactive virtual community of famous people, or those people who wish to attain the status of a famous person, in a field of endeavor.