Intel Capital Invests $26 Million In Borqs, Cloudmade, InVisage, Kaltura, SecureKey, and VisionOSS
This article was written by Amit Chowdhry. You can follow me at @amitchowdhry or on Google+ at +AmitChowdhry
Intel Capital has invested $26 million into six companies. The companies include:
1. Borqs: A location based mapping platform company that develops and promotes mobile operating systems. They are also active members in the Google/Open Handset Alliance as well as the Symbian Foundation.
2. Cloudmade: Cloudmade allows people to create applications with map tiles, turn-by-turn navigation, and in-app advertising. About 16,000 developers use CloudMade to create applications.
3. Kaltura: Kaltura is an open source online video platform that is used by about 100,000 people and businesses. Intel is investing with participation from Nexus Venture Partners, .406 Ventures, Avalon Ventures, and Silicon Valley Bank.
4. InVisage Technologies: InVisage is a company that develops commercial mobile technology materials for image sensors. The material captures light which allows handheld devices to take high-resolution images.
5. SecureKey Technologies: SecureKey is a company designs hardware and software encrypting debit, credit, and identity card data specifically for Near Field Communication phones.
6. VisionOSS Solutions: VisionOSS makes communications and collaboration software IP-PBX and UC&C architectures.