List of 60+ High Speed Download Accelerator and Manager Tools
One of the biggest priorities by the government is to expand broadband services. The average broadband speed in the U.S. is roughly 3.9Mbps. The U.S. is ranked #15 in broadband access as of right now. But there are ways to increase download speeds by using accelerators. Below is a list of over 60 download accelerators and managers.
1. AmazingDown (Windows) – AmazingDown is software that increases downloads speeds up to 500%. It can also resume, schedule, and manage downloads. It supports HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP.
2. BlackWidow (Windows) – BlackWidow is a software that can scan a website and create a profile of the site’s structure. BlackWidow can download all pictures, audio, documents, ZIP files, PHP, HTML, MIME files from any websites too.
3. Chrysanth Download Manager (Windows) – Chrysanth Download Manager is a software application that lets you back up, manage, sync, write, and publish all online blogs including WordPress, Blogger, LiveJournal, Typepad, etc.
4. CocoaWget (Mac) – CocoaWget is a front-end Cocoa application that lets you download entire websites.
5. ConnectFusion (Windows) – ConnectFusion is a download accelerator that can also resume broke connections.
6. cURL (AIX, AmigaOS, BeOS, DOS, DragonFly BSD, FreeBSD, HPUX, Haiku, GNU-Darwin, Linux, Mac, QNX) – cURL is a command-line tool for transferring data with URL syntax.
7. curl::gui (Linux) – curl::gui is the cURL command-line tool with a GUI. It was written in Perl and made for Linux and Windoze.
8. cURL GUI (Mac) – cURL GUI is an AppleScript Studio GUI front-end for the command-line software cURL.
9. DC-Sakura Boyish-Downloader (Windows) – DC-Sakura Boyish-Downloader is a user-friendly download manager that has a scheduler, file sorter, and a feature that shuts down the software after downloading.
10. DLExpert (Windows) – DLExpert is a multithreaded download manager that can grab files from the Internet. It uses the client’s and server’s resources to download files from the Internet at a faster rate.
11. Download Accelerator Manager (Windows) – Download Accelerator Manager lets you download YouTube videos and accelerate, schedule, recover, resume, and manage Internet downloads.
12. Download Accelerator Plus (Windows) – Download Accelerator Plus lets accelerates YouTube with no buffering time and can download any flash videos.
13. Download Boost (Windows – Premium: $19) – Download Boost is an application that manages and boosts the speed of your downloads.
14. Download Commander (Windows) – Download Commander is a program that allows you to download files from the Internet using multiple threads. Files are queued and downloaded one after another.
15. Download Direct (Windows) – Download Direct is a software that can boost the speed of downloads. It can add multiple downloads at once and schedule each one. You can choose a default download folder and make a list of favorite folders. You can also integrate the Windows Clipboard.
16. Download Express (Windows) – MetaProducts Download Express is an application that lets you download individual files from the web and FTP sites at maximum speed.
17. DownloadStudio (Windows) – DownloadStudio is a download manager that lets you download anything on the web at accelerated speeds. You can resume broken and schedule downloads with the software.
18. DownThemAll (Firefox) – DownThemAll is a download manager that increases speeds at 4x and can resume downloads.
19. Faster Downloader (Windows – Free trial, $19.90 to buy) – Faster Downloader is a download manager that can boost download speeds by using the maximum bandwidth available.
20. File Rain (Windows) – File Rain is a download manager that speeds up downloads from 100% to 800%.
21. FileServe Manager (Windows) – FileServe Manager is a download manager tool that can increase the speed of downloads by splitting up files into smaller parts.
22. FlashGet (Windows) – FlashGet is a download accelerator
23. FlashGot (Firefox/Thunderbird) – FlashGot is a free add-on for Firefox and Thunderbird that is meant to handle single and massive downloads.
24. Fresh Download (Windows) – Fresh Download is a fast download manager that can grab shareware, MP3 files, movie files, etc. It can also turbo charge files for downloading. You can also pause and resume downloads.
25. GetGo (Windows) – GetGo has 1-click YouTube video download, download acceleration, resume broken downloads, and schedule downloads.
26. GetLeft (Linux, Windows, Mac) – GetLeft lets you batch download files using cURL. It works on Windows, Mac, and Linux. It processes up to 500 links in a web page.
27. GetRight (Windows) – GetRight is a download manager program that helps you download files from the Internet. It has download resuming, accelerating, scheduling, etc.
28. Gigaget (Windows) – Gigaget is a download manager that can speed up downloads up to 20 times.
29. GNU Wget (GNU/Linux) – GNU Wget is a free software package that can retrieve files using HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP. GNU Wget can resume aborted downloads.