Mac OS X 10.7 Lion To Have New AirDrop and FileVault Features
@amitchowdhry or on Google+ at +AmitChowdhry
Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) has released a developer preview of OS X Lion. This operating system has undisclosed features like AirDrop and FileVault. Some of the core features of Lion OS X includes Mission Control, Launchpad, full screen apps, new multi-touch gestures, the Mac App Store, a new version of Mail, AirDrop, Resume, Auto Save, and Mac OS X Lion Server.
– Mission Control – Mission Control unifies Exposé, Dashboard, Spaces, and full screen apps. It will have a bird’s eye view of every app and window running on the Mac.
– Launchpad – Launchpad makes it easy to find and launch any application. Launchpad displays all of your Mac apps in a full screen layout.
– Full screen apps – With one single click, you can make your Mac App go full screen.
– New multi-touch gestures – The new multi-touch gestures on Mac OS X Lion includes pinching your fingers to zoom in on a web page or image, You can also swipe left or right to turn a page or for switching between full screen apps.
– New version of Mail – The new version of Mail has a wide-screen layout, Conversations, a more powerful search, and Microsoft Exchange 2010 support.
– AirDrop – AirDrop is a way to copy files wirelessly from one Mac to another without any set up.
– Resume – Resume launches your apps again how you left them.
– Auto Save – Auto Save automatically saves your documents as you work on them.
– FileVault – FileVault lets you set full disk encryption for local and external drives. FileVault also lets you instantly wipe data from your Mac.
– Mac OS X Lion Server – The Mac OS X Lion Server makes setting up a server even easier. It also supports the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Mac OS X Lion.