Sohaib Athar Live Tweeted Osama’s Assassination Without Knowing It

Sohaib Athar is an IT consultant that lives in Abbottabad in northern Pakistan. This is the same city where Osama Bin Laden was assassinated in a mansion. Athar is a self-proclaimed “startup specialist” according to his LinkedIn profile. He also became the man that inadvertently live-tweeted the assassination of Osama Bin Laden yesterday. Below are some of the tweets he sent out while the event was taking place:

Helicopter hovering above Abbottabad at 1AM (is a rare event).less than a minute ago via TweetDeck Favorite Retweet Reply

Go away helicopter – before I take out my giant swatter :-/less than a minute ago via TweetDeck Favorite Retweet Reply

@m0hcin the few people online at this time of the night are saying one of the copters was not Pakistani…less than a minute ago via TweetDeck Favorite Retweet Reply

Since taliban (probably) don’t have helicpoters, and since they’re saying it was not “ours”, so must be a complicated situation #abbottabadless than a minute ago via TweetDeck Favorite Retweet Reply

The abbottabad helicopter/UFO was shot down near the Bilal Town area, and there’s report of a flash. People saying it could be a drone.less than a minute ago via TweetDeck Favorite Retweet Reply

and now I feel I must apologize to the pilot about the swatter tweets :-/less than a minute ago via TweetDeck Favorite Retweet Reply

And now, a plane flying over Abbottabad…less than a minute ago via TweetDeck Favorite Retweet Reply

Interesting rumors in the otherwise uneventful Abbottabad air todayless than a minute ago via TweetDeck Favorite Retweet Reply

I guess Abbottabad is going to get as crowded as the Lahore that I left behind for some peace and quiet. *sigh*less than a minute ago via TweetDeck Favorite Retweet Reply

RT @ISuckBigTime: Osama Bin Laden killed in Abbottabad, Pakistan.: ISI has confirmed it << Uh oh, there goes the neighborhood :-/less than a minute ago via TweetDeck Favorite Retweet Reply

Uh oh, now I’m the guy who liveblogged the Osama raid without knowing it.less than a minute ago via TweetDeck Favorite Retweet Reply

and here come the mails from the mainstream media… *sigh*less than a minute ago via TweetDeck Favorite Retweet Reply

For the curious, here is life in abbottabad two minutes ago http://twitpic.com/4s8nfqless than a minute ago via Seesmic for Android Favorite Retweet Reply

I guess an ‘is now following you’ GMail filter is the next logical stepless than a minute ago via TweetDeck Favorite Retweet Reply

Reuters got to me before I could go to sleep.less than a minute ago via Seesmic for Android Favorite Retweet Reply

Bin Laden is dead. I didn’t kill him. Please let me sleep now.less than a minute ago via TweetDeck Favorite Retweet Reply

Here’s a picture of OBL’s hideout in Abbottabad, as shared by a friend @Rahat http://yfrog.com/h7w4izmjless than a minute ago via TweetDeck Favorite Retweet Reply

and a video of OBL’s hideout in Abbottabad – after the incident (shared by friend) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlWMsApBOwsless than a minute ago via TweetDeck Favorite Retweet Reply