Google Updates Maps On The iOS and Android Mobile Browser
@amitchowdhry or on Google+ at +AmitChowdhry
About 40% of Google Maps traffic is through mobile devices. This proves how important it is for Google to provide a seamless experience for their service on the iPhone and Android devices. Now when you visit maps.google.com on one of those devices, you will be offered several new features:
* See current location
* Search what is near-by with auto complete and suggestions
* Clickable icons of popular businesses and transit
* Get driving/transit/biking/walking directions
* Turn on satellite, transit, traffic, biking, and other different layers
* View Places pages that have photos, hours, ratings, etc.
* Access starred locations and My Maps when logged in.