Microsoft Announces Halo 4, Xbox SmartGlass, Xbox Music, Xbox Video, and IE For Xbox
Microsoft Corporation has made some huge announcements at the E3 conference. This includes international expansion of Kinect Voice Control, Halo 4, Xbox SmartGlass, Internet Explorer for Xbox, etc. Here is a breakdown of some of the major announcements:
- Kinect Voice Control and Search will be expanding voice search capabilities to 12 new countries. Xbox LIVE will serve more entertainment to those countries as well. Global Xbox LIVE will work on Windows, Windows Phone, and Xbox 360 in English, French, Spanish and Chinese
- Xbox SmartGlass will enable you to access entertainment across the multiple devices that you own. If you are watching a movie or playing a game on your Xbox 360, relevant content will appear on your SmartGlass device. “Imagine having the ability to pick your plays from your tablet instead of the TV screen during an intense game of ‘Madden,’ keeping your next move a surprise to your opponent,” said Marc Whitten. Xbox SmartGlass also lets you turn your phone or tablet into a remote control for your Xbox console.
- Internet Explorer for Xbox has been demand for a long time now. Now you can easily find and view Internet content on your TV through the Xbox 360 browser. With the Kinect and Xbox SmartGlass, you will be able to navigate to websites on any device with the sound of your voice.
- Favorites allows you to personalize your dashboard by saving your movies, TV shows, music, and websites right to the home screen.
- Xbox Music – Microsoft announced a new service called Xbox Music, which will bring over 30 million tracks to your Xbox, PC, tablet, etc.
- Xbox Games – Xbox Games will allow you to access your avatar, recent games, leaderboards, and friend connections anywhere. You will even be able to purchase Xbox 360 games from anywhere and have them ready for download when you turn on your console.
- Xbox Video – Xbox Video gives you access to the video marketing place, which will make it easy to browse and search for TV episodes and movies.
- Xbox LIVE Tournaments – Microsoft is working with Virgin Gaming to launch a new tournament service on Xbox LIVE later this year. The entertainment app will allow players to choose from a wide variety of free-to-play or paid-entry tournaments for top titles from leading publishers.
- Halo 4 – Halo 4 will be due out on November 6, 2012. I’ll let the trailer showcased at E3 below do all of the talking.