RetailMeNot.com Hits Triple Digit Year-Over-Year Mobile Traffic Growth, Launches Android App
RetailMeNot.com is an Austin, Texas based online coupon website. The company has recently announced that they have released a native Android app to help shoppers that want to find savings while on the go. The Android app release is perfect timing because we are getting closer to the peak shopping season.
The app is available for free to download on Google Play for smartphones that use the Google Android operating system. You can find more details about RetailMeNot’s mobile offerings at: http://www.retailmenot.com/
“We are enjoying very strong triple digit year-over-year growth in mobile traffic, with over 20% of RetailMeNot’s total traffic coming from either iPhone, iPad, Android or other devices. As consumers are beginning to shift from just researching to actually transacting on their mobile device, we are committed to creating the best possible experience for both consumers and merchants. This Android app moves us closer to this goal by offering an experience customized for that operating system,” stated WhaleShark Media’s CEO and founder Cotter Cunningham. WhaleShark is the parent company of RetailMeNot.com.
“Our iPhone app has been downloaded nearly 600,000 times since we launched it just over 2 months ago. With comparable traffic coming to our mobile website from iPhone and Android users, we believe we will see similar demand for our Android app.”
Some of the features of RetailMeNot.com’s Android coupons app includes:
– Frequently updated “Hot Deals” section with easy-to-use interface.
– Availability of in-store mobile coupons where cashiers can scan coupons and process the savings for consumers.
– Ability to save coupons for later.
– Tap-and-paste functionality to quickly use coupon codes within the checkout process at most online stores.
– Coupons curated within retail categories.
– Predictive store search functionality to enable consumers to find coupons for their favorite retailers in just a few taps.
WhaleShark Media acquired RetailMeNot.com for $90 million Australian dollars in December 2010.
This article was written by Amit Chowdhry. You can follow me at @amitchowdhry or on Google+ at +AmitChowdhry