The BlackBerry Z10 Can Now Be Upgraded To BlackBerry 10.1
On Tuesday, BlackBerry president and CEO Thorsten Heins announced that the BlackBerry Z10 owners will be able to upgrade to BlackBerry 10.1.
Some of the new BlackBerry 10.1 features are:
– BlackBerry Hub – Lets you access all of your messages and notifications in one place. BlackBery 10.1 has support for PIN to PIN messages for direct communication between BlackBerry smartphones that have been added to the BlackBerry Hub. There is also improved attachment support in the BlackBerry Hub, which makes it easier to view e-mails that have been sent as attachments to other messages.
– Notifications – BlackBerry 10.1 lets you personalize notifications for accounts and contacts so you know what is happening around you. Ringtones, vibration, and LED lights can be customized.
– Fine Cursor Control – BlackBerry 10.1 makes it easier to pinpoint exactly where you want to type. Tapping once brings up the cursor and you can grab the blue circle to drag it around and place it exactly where you need it. Tapping either side of the circle can move left or right by just one character.
– Camera – BlackBerry 10 helps you shoot an amazing photo even if people are moving around through a Time Shift mode. BlackBerry 10.1 has a High Dynamic Range (HDR) shooting mode if lighting conditions are tricky. The HDR feature lets you take multiple pictures at various exposure levels and lay them with a single photo that combines light and dark areas.
– Misc – Some of the other improved features in OS 10.1 includes landscape support for the calendar and easier international dialing. This is also an improved eye reduction feature in the picture editor.
If you want to update your Z10 to BlackBerry 10.1, look for an alert in the notifications section of the BlackBerry Hub. Software updates can also be applied when visiting the updates section of the settings menu.