Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) Is Joining The Nasdaq 100 Index Starting July 15th
The news just keeps getting better and better for Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA). On July 15th, Tesla Motors will be joining the NASDAQ 100, which is an index that tracks the largest companies on the exchange. Tesla will be replacing Oracle Corporation. Oracle is actually switching from the Nasdaq to the New York Stock Exchange.
Other recent good news about Tesla includes:
– Receiving hundreds of orders in Hong Kong for their Model S.
– Their White House petition surging past 100,000 signatures for direct-to-consumer support.
– The repayment of the company’s $451 million federal loan nine years early.
– The company’s first profitable quarter.
– A new financing plan available for consumers.
Some of the other companies that are in the Nasdaq 100 includes Facebook, Google, and Amazon.