Delta Hands 19,000 Windows Phones To Flight Attendants
American Airlines flight attendants may have been given iPads, but Delta Airlines flight attendants will be given Windows Phone devices. All 19,000 of Delta’s flight attendants will be given a Nokia Lumia 820 with AT&T service. These phones will use WiFi and LTE for customer services primarily as powered by Avanade software on the Microsofy Dynamics for Retail mobile point-of-sale platform.
According to a Delta press release, the Nokia Lumia 820 will enable Delta flight attendants to offer:
– Near real-time credit card processing for on-board purchases, including upgrades to Delta’s popular Economy Comfort seating. On-board Economy Comfort upgrades will begin on transcontinental and international flights before being offered on flights across Delta’s system.
– Convenient eReceipts that can be emailed to customers.
– Customers’ use of pre-paid credit cards for on-board purchases.
– Quicker transaction processing times.
– In the near future, the ability to read coupons displayed on a customer’s mobile device.
– More efficient service recovery.
The Delta flight attendants will start using the Windows Phone devices on August 26th.