Corning is preparing 3D Gorilla Glass
Corning announced the manufacturing readiness of 3D glass-forming technology to shape Corning Gorilla Glass. Corning is wants to target commercialization of finished 3D-shaped Gorilla Glass parts in 2014.
Corning is working with G-Tech Optoelectronics to create a vertically integrated operation in Taiwan. Over half of the top 10 smartphone manufacturers that incorporate cover glass with subtle curves.
“We can now take Gorilla Glass all the way from flat sheet to a finished 3D-shaped product in Asia, expediting turnaround times and minimizing logistical complexity,” stated James Steiner, senior vice president and general manager of Corning Specialty Materials. “That’s a win for Corning and our customers.”
– Corning Incorporated (GLW) Buys Samsung Stake In LCD JV, Signs 10 Year Deal
– Corning’s New Gorilla Glass NBT Can Protect Touch-Screen Notebooks
– Cars With Corning Gorilla Glass Can Be Quieter
– Corning Makes Case For Gorilla Glass 3 Over Sapphire
– Corning’s Gorilla Glass Generated Over $1 Billion In 2012
– Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Is Expected To Be 3x More Scratch Resistant