Airbnb has recently updated their iOS mobile application [iTunes link] to support new features. The new Airbnb iOS app now has the ability to add reviews, a new calendar accessing feature, and support for 18 additional languages.
The Airbnb app hit around 1.8 million downloads so far with an increase in 80% over the last 3 months. Around 26% of Airbnb’s traffic is from their mobile app, which is over double the 12% average that the app had around one year ago. When bookings are made through the Airbnb mobile app, the response time for messages between the host and guest is around 3 times faster. The company did not reveal when an update with the same features will be applied to Android.
The Calendar feature gives hosts the ability to check and update availability for a property from their mobile device. This makes it easier for them to post and list days on Airbnb.
Check out our other recent Airbnb articles:
– Airbnb Acquires Q&A Company Localmind
– Airbnb Now Letting New Yorkers Offer Free Housing To Displaced Hurricane Victims
– Peter Thiel May Invest In Airbnb At A $2.5 Billion Valuation
– Paul Graham Reveals Airbnb and Dropbox Are Now Worth Around $7.5 Billion Combined
– Airbnb Hit Over 60,000 Booking Lodgings In One Day Last Weekend
– Airbnb Buys Out DailyBooth Team