The company formerly known as Research In Motion and now known as BlackBerry will start trading under the symbol “BBRY” starting February 4th. BlackBerry’s legal name change will occur later this year. The company will trade as “BB” on the Toronto Stock Exchange and “BBRY” on the NASDAQ.
The legal name change will not happen until shareholders vote at the Annual General Meeting which will take place later this year. The same event took place last year in July.
The name change was announced by BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins at the BlackBerry 10 Live event. At that same event, BlackBerry also announced the BlackBerry 10 operating system, the Z10 touchscreen phone, and the QWERTY-powered Q10 phone.
– New BlackBerry 10 Features: Time Shift, Keyboard, Flow & Peek, Hub
– BlackBerry Messenger To Get Video Chat and Screen Sharing On BlackBerry 10
– BlackBerry World Now Has 70,000 Apps, Movies, TV Shows, and Music
– BlackBerry Hires Singer/Actress Alicia Keys As Global Creative Director
– The BlackBerry Z10: Touchscreen, Coming In March, And Retails For $199.99
– The BlackBerry Q10 Has A QWERTY Keyboard, 3.1-Inch AMOLED Touchscreen, and 1.5GHz Dual-Core Processor
– Research In Motion Will Now Be Known As Just BlackBerry, Will Trade As ?BBRY?
– Research In Motion To Air Their First Super Bowl Ad
– Samsung Pokes Fun At BlackBerry In This New Ad