This past Thursday, Lauren Kozak helped Britney Spears set-up a video blog, a Twitter profile, and a Facebook/MySpace profile. The BritneySpears.com website and social media is powered by Brandcasting Unlimited. Britney Spears most recent tweets were:
– Over a million hits in 24 hours on the new britneyspears.com. You guys really are the best fans in the world!
– Hey paparazzi… Rolling Stone cover rumors? Too bad you weren’t inside the shoot. Brit had a great time and was dancing around the set.
– @cristiano87 @cheezus69 @memorieskillme @hjortur @weswyatt Awww, Glad we could make you smile! Thanks for following Britney on twitter!
– @annerbananer thanks!! Glad you like it
– Welcome to the new www.BritneySpears.com! We’re taking you where no paparazzi lens ever could with pics, vids and news from Britney herself.
– Womanizer video is already number one on iTunes!
– Can’t wait to release my secret on ET tonight. Are you ready??
– Jumped from number 96 to number 1 on the billboard charts- and broke some records in the process.
Other celebrities on Twitter include Diablo Cody (writer of Juno), Patrick Wilson (Weezer), Sara Bareilles, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Brett Gurewitz (Bad Religion), and M.C. Hammer.
This social media campaign launches as Britney Spears prepares to launch her 6th album (Circus) on December 2. Britney already has over 2,000 followers on Twitter. Britney Spears also launched her own social network: circusvip.com.