Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO) has announced that they are launching a new cloud computing strategy called CloudVerse. The CloudVerse framework will combine data center operational software and cloud applications.
Why didn’t Cisco announce a cloud strategy earlier since they are heavily involved in the data center business. ?Because of our position in the network, it?s presupposed that the strategy is there,? stated Cisco senior director for hosted collaboration solutions Eric Schoch. ?But we wanted to publicly announce a strategy that?s backed by a belief system where the market is going.?
Some of the services that Cisco will be offer through CloudVerse is:
– Automation tools for cloud delivery
– Network services management software
– Cloud-to-cloud connect (network positioning system on ASR 1000 and 9000 series routers)
– Hosted collaboration software for private clouds
– Carrier-grade private cloud offering for large enterprises