American Airlines flight attendants may have been given iPads, but Delta Airlines flight attendants will be given Windows Phone devices. All 19,000 of Delta’s flight attendants will be given a Nokia Lumia 820 with AT&T service. These phones will use WiFi and LTE for customer services primarily as powered by Avanade software on the Microsofy Dynamics for Retail mobile point-of-sale platform.
According to a Delta press release, the Nokia Lumia 820 will enable Delta flight attendants to offer:
– Near real-time credit card processing for on-board purchases, including upgrades to Delta’s popular Economy Comfort seating. On-board Economy Comfort upgrades will begin on transcontinental and international flights before being offered on flights across Delta’s system.
– Convenient eReceipts that can be emailed to customers.
– Customers’ use of pre-paid credit cards for on-board purchases.
– Quicker transaction processing times.
– In the near future, the ability to read coupons displayed on a customer’s mobile device.
– More efficient service recovery.
The Delta flight attendants will start using the Windows Phone devices on August 26th.