Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB) has released an update to its Paper app (version 1.1). Facebook launched the Paper app on February 3rd and the social network company said that “people have explored an average of 80 stories a day.” Facebook did not reveal how many people actually use the app though.
In March, Facebook pushed out an update to the app that added the ability to share articles through SMS, e-mail, and Facebook Messenger. Unfortunately, Facebook Paper has been dropping in App Store rankings since launching.
Facebook Paper version 1.1 has Birthdays and Event alerts in the notifications list so that you may consider using this app frequently without feeling like you need to open the main Facebook app right after that.
Here is a list of the changes that were made:
– Birthdays and events: Never miss a chance to celebrate! Just tap the notifications globe and scroll down to see important dates ahead.
– Photo comments: When words aren?t enough, now you can add photos to comments to show how you feel.
– Group updates: Don?t miss posts from your favorite groups. Swipe down to open the Main Menu. Tap the More Options icon to the right of the Search box. When you see your groups, check the new unread counts to catch up on the posts you’ve missed.
– New story buttons: To keep up with the latest stories in a section in fullscreen view, or to catch the newest stories in the next section, tap the new story arrows when they appear.
– More article covers: 9 new article covers join our collection, making easier to spot your favorite sources on Paper. Keep an eye out for Fox News, Bloomberg News, Mashable, FT, kottke, Popular Science, The Hollywood Reporter, Vanity Fair and Hacker News.
– Basic accessibility: All of your sections now support basic accessibility features, and we?re working to extend accessibility throughout the app.