Earlier today I called a friend for his birthday. I would not have known it was his birthday unless I logged into Facebook and checked the bottom right side-bar of the homepage. Facebook does not give prime homepage real estate to birthdays and that seems pretty inconvenient to those who like using that feature often. This is why I started searching for ways to import my friends’ birthdays into my iCal.
I just started using iCal recently and now I’m hooked on it. As long as my computer is booted up, iCal has to be open for me too. Here are some ways to import Facebook birthdays into your iCal or Google Calendar. I tried finding an easy way for Outlook but did not have any luck.
1. Open up your iCal
2. Create a new calendar by selecting the + sign at the bottom left and call it Birthdays
3. Visit the Birthdays to iCalendar (.ics) Exporter application page. Click “Download your iCal file” and set the import to your “Birthdays” calendar on iCal.
1. Visit the Birthdays to iCalendar (.ics) Exporter application page. Click “Download your iCal file” and save the .ics file to the desktop.
2. Visit Google Calendar at http://www.google.com/calendar/.
3. At the bottom left click where it says “Add” under “Other Calendar.”
4. Click Import Calendar
5. Select the .ics file after on the desktop after clicking browse.