PreCentral.com bloggers has received an unreleased copy of webOS 3.0 and they recorded a video of it in action. The Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ) webOS 3.0 mobile operating system has several new features from the previous version. webOS 3.0 will be used on new HP Pre smartphones and the TouchPad tablet. Some of the new features include:
– Google Maps replaced by Bing Maps.
– Launcher – Arrow/home button at the bottom. There are also tabs that are labeled All and Favorites.
– App rearrangement – Holding down on an icon lets you move and delete apps similar to iOS.
– Notifications – notifications are at the top of the screen next to the menu.
– The grid of bookmark icons is removed from the browser.
– The calendar app shows you the current calendar in the middle of the screen. The buttons at the top lets you switch to other calendars.
– The folder list disappears when looking at e-mail in Portrait view, but remains in Landscape view.
– Music has a two-pane view with songs on the right and sort/filtering options on the left.
– Photos and videos are now integrated into one app.