Meghan McCain, the daughter of former presidential candidate John McCain uploaded a photo on TwitPic that caused some controversy. After uploading the TwitPic, many Internet trolls left very negative comments. Many of the comments used the word “slut” in it. I reposted the picture because I believe there is nothing wrong with it. I just see a picture of a girl that likes to read.
The picture has been deleted from her account in the last few minutes. Before it was deleted, the picture was seen at least about 160,000 times.
Meghan is wearing a low cut black tank top and is holding a book about Andy Warhol by Arthur C. Danto. Below are some of the tweets that McCain sent out after reading the reactions by Twitter users:
-so I took a fun picture not thinking anything about what I was wearing but apparently anything other than a pantsuit I am a slut, this is
– why I have been considering deleting my twitter account, what once was fun now just seems like a vessel for harassment
– I am going to take some more time to think about it but seriously I was just trying to be funny with the book and that I’m a dork staying in
– when I am alone in my apartment, I wear tank tops and sweat pants, I had no idea this makes me a “slut”, I can’t even tell you how hurt I am
– ok I am getting the f**k off twitter, promise not to delete my account until I sleep on it, thank you for the nice words supporters
– I do want to apologize to anyone that was offended by my twitpic, I have clearly made a huge mistake and am sorry 2 those that are offended.