Netgear has announced a gadget called the NeoMediacast. The NeoMediacast is an Android-based HDMI dongle that allows providers to offer their own services and third party apps. The NeoMediacast supports 802.11ac WiFi, Miracast media sharing, USB storage, and it has a microSD slot.
?Consumers are clamoring for new options for accessing digital content across their screens, including their wide-screen HD TVs. With the NeoMediacast HDMI Dongle, our service provider customers have the means to provide a plug-and-play solution to their subscribers that also provides opportunities for additional revenue stream,? stated Michael Clegg, SVP and general manager for Service Provider Business at NETGEAR. ?The NTV300D platform supports seamless integration with other NETGEAR home connectivity devices so that service providers can offer a worry-free connected media solution to their subscribers, knowing they can trust the NETGEAR reputation for quality, reliability, and ease of use.?
The NeoMediacast HDMI dongle has the following specs:
– Android 4.2+ supported with RDK support in the future
– 1080p/60 full HD, H.264/MPEG4 video decode
– HDMI 1.4 and HDCP 2.1 support
– 802.11ac high-speed wireless connectivity
– USB powered
– Micro SD slot for playback/storage
– Micro USB (OTG) for secondary storage
– DRM support for Microsoft PlayReady, Google Widevine and Adobe RTMPe
– Remote control unit: RF4CE or Bluetooth supported