Orange Plans To Buy Remaining Stake In Dailymotion

Posted Jun 11, 2012

France-based telecommunications company Orange is currently preparing to buy the rest of the stake in Dailymotion. Orange currently owns 49% of the company, which they acquired for $77.8 million last year with an option to acquire the rest of the shares later on. The remaining 51% would cost Orange $90.4 million. After buying the company in full, Orange would likely seek partners to expand DailyMotion to compete intensely against YouTube. Dailymotion currently receives 135 million unique monthly visitors and handles about 1.8 billion video views worldwide per month.