On Tuesday, President Barack Obama met with executives from Google, Apple, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo!, Netflix, Dropbox, and several other companies to talk about Healthcare.gov. President Obama talked with the executives about how to increase the capacity and efficiency of the Healthcare website and also talked about national security.
President Obama met with the executives after receiving an open letter concerning government surveillance that was written by some of the companies that attended the meeting.
“The undersigned companies believe that it is time for the world?s governments to address the practices and laws regulating government surveillance of individuals and access to their information,” stated the letter.
Attendees of the meeting included President Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, and the following execs:
– Tim Cook, CEO, Apple
– Dick Costolo, CEO, Twitter
– Eric Schmidt, Executive Chairman, Google
– Marissa Mayer, President and CEO, Yahoo
– Sheryl Sandberg, COO, Facebook
– Chad Dickerson, CEO, Etsy
– Reed Hastings, Co-Founder & CEO, Netflix
– Drew Houston, Founder & CEO, Dropbox
– Burke Norton, Chief Legal Officer, Salesforce
– Mark Pincus, Founder, Chief Product Officer & Chairman, Zynga
– Shervin Pishevar, Co-Founder & Co-CEO, Sherpa Global
– Brian Roberts, Chairman & CEO, Comcast
– Erika Rottenberg, Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, LinkedIn
– Brad Smith, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Microsoft
– Randall Stephenson, Chairman & CEO, AT&T