PressPlane is a new stealth startup company that aims to “making your business life easier.” PressPlane is being incubated by Curious Office, a seed stage investment company based in Seattle. What makes PressPlane a big deal is the investors that joined in to put $1.7 million Series A into the company.
As mentioned in the title, the investors include:
– Mika Salmi (President of MTV and founder of AtomFilms)
– Rich Barton (Founder of Expedia and Zillow)
– Erik Blachford (former CEO of Expedia)
– Andy Liu (Publisher of BuddyTV)
– Alex Algard (Founder of Whitepages)
– Geoff Entress (Venture Partner at Madrona)
– Andy Sack (Co-founder of Judy’s Book)
– Adrian Hanauer (Curious Office co-founder)
– John Cunningham
– Dough Rowan (former CEO of Corbis Corporation)
PressPlane will be a way for small businesses to create marketing materials according to TechCrunch. If you are an accountant, you can go into the pre-made themes and create brochures, business cards, etc. There was also a rumor that VC firm, DFJ wanted to invest and gain a board seat, but it didn’t work out.
PressPlane is currently in alpha mode, but users can still request for an invitation.