Teenager girl reportedly gets burned by iPhone fire

Posted Feb 3, 2014

According to USA Today, a 13-year-old girl from Maine suffered from first- and second-degree burns after her iPhone caught on fire in class. It is believed that the device was an iPhone 5c. The phone was in her back pocket when she sat down and then she heard a popping sound. The teacher covered her in a blanket and then she was taken to a hospital. It is believed that the fire was caused by the smartphone shorting out when she sat down. The girl stopped, dropped, and rolled as taught in school.