Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) has registered the trademark “Model E.” This leads to speculation that the company’s anticipated low-cost electric car will launch with that name. The Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) flagship vehicle is the Model S electric sedan. Next year, the company is expected to start selling the Model X crossover vehicle. The trademark was filed on August 5th.
Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) CEO Elon Musk said that the low-cost vehicle should not be expected until 2016 at the earliest. The low-cost electric car will compete directly against the GM Volt with about a 200 mile range and a price tag of under $35,000.
After subsidies and grants, the Model E is expected to cost around $25,000.
– Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) To Join MSCI World Index On August 30th
– Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) Is Battling For Name Trademark In China
– Elon Musk Receives $4.3 Million In Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) Stock Based Pay For His Work On The Model X
– Tesla Founder Elon Musk Wants To Build An All-Electric Supersonic Jet One Day
– Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) Passes The NHTSA Crash Test
– Elon Musk and Richard Branson Give Their Opinions On Entrepreneurship [Video]
– Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) Q2: Income Up 70% And 5,150 Model S Cars Sold
– Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) Model S Receives Top U.S. Crash Rating
– Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) Opens Supercharger In Texas