I’ve heard of doctors tweeting out live transplants, tweets coming from space, and even a pet door that reports every time the cat leaves. But now this is getting ridiculous.
An account has been created that uses the aduino environment connected to a toilet. The account is called hacklab TOilet and it tweets out a random comment everytime the toilet gets flushed.
The guy that put this together used the following hardware: arduino duemilanove, an adafruit ethernet shield, a WIZnet ethernet module, a mercury switch, perfboard, wires, cables, and other misc. components.
Here are some of the tweets that were sent out:
1. “just wait until the rfid reader gets installed and i can call you by name”
2. “flush flush flush”
4. “just wait until the rfid reader gets installed and i can call you by name”
5. “just dropping the kids off at the pool”
6. “maybe you should have faced scylla instead”
7. “arduinos are SO COOL.”
8. “HI VICKI! 😀 😀 :D”
9. “MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.”
10. “i strongly support eating more fiber as part of a healthy diet”