Verizon Wireless has started selling the Square credit card reader at it’s stores for a price of $9.97 with a $10 rebate added to your account. The Square credit card reader lets users swipe any credit card and charge it a specific amount using an application for smartphones and tablets.
Square has been growing at a rapid pace and it is used at over 40,000 retailers. The company said this past November that they are processing $10 billion in annualized transactions.
Square charges 2.75% per swipe for Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express. Credit cards that are manually keyed in gets charged 3.5% plus 15 cents.
– Square Is Paying For Keith Rabois Sexual Harassment Lawsuit
– The Square Card Reader Is Being Sold At 7,000 Starbucks Stores
– Square Is Now Processing $10 Billion Annually With 40,000 Retail Partners
– Square Launches Gift Cards
– Square Processing $10 Billion Per Year
– Around 7,000 Starbucks Stores Now Accepting Square Wallet