- This is an Apple iOS 14.0.1 review to help you decide whether to update now.
Today Apple released a minor update to Apple iOS 14 — which was rolled out last week to the public. The update launched today has several bug fixes for home screen widgets and default app settings.
Apple iOS 14.0.1 Review
So what does Apple iOS 14.0.1 do? Here is an overview:
– Apple iOS 14.0.1 fixes an issue that could cause the default web browser and mail settings to reset after restarting your device
– Apple iOS 14.0.1 addresses a problem that could prevent camera previews from being displayed on the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
– There is a fix for an issue that could prevent your iPhone from connecting to Wi-Fi networks
– iOS 14.0.1 resolves a problem that could prevent sending email with certain mail providers
– And iOS 14.0.1 resolves an issue that could prevent images from appearing in News widgets
Based on all of the issues that Apple iOS 14.0.1 fixes here, I would recommend that you update your device if you have been experiencing any of the aforementioned issues. But if you are not experiencing any of the issues above, I would recommend holding off until the next software update.
Bugs Caused By iOS 14.0.1 Update:
Some users have been reporting bugs with Apple iOS 14.0.1. One of the bugs is a graphics glitch that causes issues with the widgets (including flickering):
— Swiss in HongKong 🇭🇰🇨🇭 (@SwissInHKG) September 25, 2020
— Matt German (@mgerm89) September 28, 2020
— AJV (@wacko_ji) September 28, 2020
Another user pointed out that the search screen appears to be blank:
@AppleSupport @apple @tim_cook why a buggy upgrade was iOS 14. It has a lot of bug but after updating to 14.0.1 it’s more buggy. When I try to enter to search I only get this empty screen #iphone #ios #bug pic.twitter.com/pBQX1nT3Fc
— 💚 guido s 💚 (@gsuras) September 25, 2020
An iPhone X user said that the Apple Watch app started crashing after updating to iOS 14.0.1:
— Bhaskar Dhar (@DharBhaskar) September 24, 2020
Plus an iPhone 11 Pro user said that there are issues with iMessage:
— Tom 🇺🇸 (@DbSpiderShark) September 28, 2020
Updating To Apple iOS 14.0.1
You can update to Apple iOS by going to the Settings app > General > Software Update. Or you can connect your device to your Windows computer (update via iTunes) or Mac computer (Finder app).
Read More on Pulse 2.0:
Note: This article will be updated if I hear about any more bugs that occur due to iOS 14.0.1.