Apple has officially unveiled the iPhone 11, which can be considered the successor to the iPhone XR. And this makes the iPhone 11 the most affordable version out of all the new iPhones at a starting price of $699. One of the biggest reasons why the iPhone XR was one of the best selling smartphones last year was due to the price.
Are you thinking of buying an iPhone 11? Here are some of the iPhone 11 pros and cons for you to consider before buying one.
Pro: Lower Price
One of the biggest advantages of the iPhone 11 is the price. It has a starting price of $699, which is a $50 drop from the iPhone XR last year.
Pro: Large Beautiful Display
One of the reasons why the iPhone 11 has a lower price is due to the display being a 6.1-inch Liquid Retina HD IPS LCD rather than OLED. Even though the display is LCD-based, the larger size ensures that it still provides an immersive experience while gaming or watching videos.
Pro: Improved Front And Rear Cameras
The front camera was upgraded to 12 megapixels. This means you can take wide-angle selfies. And once you rotate the phone to landscape mode, you can take slow-motion selfies (known as slofies)
The iPhone 11 has two cameras on the back, which is a major upgrade from the one camera that the iPhone XR has. The iPhone 11 cameras include a 12-megapixel wide sensor with up to 3 times faster autofocus in low light and a 12-megapixel Ultra-Wide camera that captures four times more scene.
The standard lens has an f/1.8 aperture while the ultra-wide-angle lens has an f/2.4 aperture and 120-degree field of view.
Pro: Portrait Mode Enhancements
Apple has added pet support on Portrait Mode. Plus a new Portrait Lighting feature called High Key Mono has been added.
Pro: Night Mode
The Night Mode feature takes long exposure photos automatically when in low lighting conditions. And it makes photos in the dark look even sharper. Adding this feature was essential for Apple since the Google Pixel line of devices has had a better reputation for the ability to take better photos at night.
Pro: Deep Fusion (Coming Soon)
Apple will soon be releasing a feature called Deep Fusion. The Deep Fusion feature uses machine learning to improve photos in low to medium light. It takes 9 images before you push the shutter button including 4 four short images and 4 secondary images. And when you push the shutter button, it takes one long exposure.
In one second, the neural engine analyzes the combination of long and short images and picks the best among them. And it selects all the pixels and goes pixel-by-pixel (going through 24 million pixels) to optimize for detail and low noise.
Pro: Powerful Processor
Apple integrated the A13 Bionic chipset in the iPhone 11. The A13 is more power-efficient than the A12 so that it can provide 1 hour of better battery life compared to the iPhone XR.
Pro: Upgraded Sound
The iPhone 11 has spatial audio support built into the speakers and it has Dolby Atmos support. The spatial awareness feature is made possible with Apple’s newly designed U1 chip with Ultra-Wideband technology.
This gives you a surround sound-like experience while you listen to music, watch videos, and play games.
Pro: IP68 Rating
The iPhone 11 has an IP68 rating, which is a jump from the iPhone XR’s IP67 rating. With an IP68 rating, the iPhone 11 is able to handle being 4 meters underwater for 30 minutes.
Pro: Solid Battery Life
As mentioned earlier, the Apple A13 processor makes the battery more efficient and so it has one hour more than the iPhone XR. The iPhone 11 also supports wireless charging and fast charging support even though it does not come with an 18W charger in the box (more on that below)
Pro: Several New Colors
The iPhone 11 now includes purple, white, yellow, green, black, and Product (Red). This year, Apple removed the blue and coral options.
The iPhone 11 line of devices is gaining a feature called QuickTake. The QuickTake feature allows you to hold the shutter button to easily start recording without having to switch out of Photo mode.
Pro: Improved Battery Life
The battery in the iPhone 11 supports up to 17 hours with video playback (downloaded) or 10 hours with video playback while streaming. And with audio playback, it supports up to 65 hours.
Con: Storage Starts At Just 64GB
The starting storage size of the iPhone 11 is just 64GB. This could be a problem for those of you who store a lot of music, photos, and videos on your device.
Con: 5W Charger
Unfortunately, there is just a 5W charger included in the box of the iPhone 11. The higher-end models of the iPhone 11 have an 18W charger for fast charging.
iPhone 11 Specifications:
Colors: Black, Green, Yellow, Purple, Product (RED), and White
Display: 6.1-inch Liquid Retina HD IPS LCD
Touch display with IPS technology
True Tone display
P3 wide color display
625 nits max brightness
Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
Resolution: 1792 x 828 resolution at 326 ppi (1400:1 contrast ratio)
Processor: A13 Bionic with third-generation Neural Engine
Size: 5.94 inches (150.9mm) height x 2.98 inches (75.7mm) width x 0.33 inch (8.3mm) depth
Weight: 6.84 ounces (0.4275 lbs or 194 grams)
Storage Options: 64GB/128GB/256GB
IP Rating: IP68 (maximum depth of 4 meters up to 30 minutes) under IEC standard 60529
Rear Camera: Dual Camera: Standard Lens And Ultra-Wide Lens, both at 12 megapixels
– 2x optical zoom out and digital zoom up to 5x
– Portrait mode with advanced bokeh and depth control
– Portrait Lighting with 6 effects
– Optical image stabilization
– 4K video recording at 24 fps, 30 fps, or 60 fps / 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps / 720p HD at 30 fps
– Slo-mo video support for 1080p / time-lapse video with image stabilization / cinematic video stabilization(4K, 1080p, and 720p)
Front Camera: 12-megapixel camera and f/2.2 aperture
– Portrait mode with advanced bokeh and Depth Control
– Portrait Lighting with 6 effects (Natural, Studio, Contour, Stage, Stage Mono, High‑Key Mono)
– Animoji and Memoji
– 4K video recording at 24 fps, 30 fps, or 60 fps
– 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps
– Slo‑mo video support for 1080p at 120 fps
Cellular and Wireless:
– Gigabit-class LTE with 2×2 MIMO and LAA4
– 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO
– Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
– Ultra Wideband chip for spatial awareness
– NFC with reader mode
– Express Cards with power reserve
Power And Battery:
– Lasts up to 1 hour longer than iPhone XR
– Video playback: Up to 17 hours / Video playback (streamed): Up to 10 hours
– Audio playback: Up to 65 hours
– Fast‑charge capable: Up to 50% charge in 30 minutes with 18W adapter or higher (sold separately),
– Built-in rechargeable lithium‑ion battery
– Wireless charging (works with Qi chargers),
– Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
Price: MSRP of $699 for 64GB storage, $749 for 128GB, and $849 for 256GB
Pulse 2.0 Score
The iPhone 11 has received a score of 4.5 out of 5 stars. It would have received a full five stars if the storage option was higher at the base price.
Read More On Pulse 2.0:
Apple Watch 4 Pros And Cons
Apple Watch 5 Pros And Cons
Apple iPhone X Pros And Cons
Apple iPhone XR Pros And Cons
Apple iPhone XS Pros And Cons
Apple iPhone XS Max Pros And Cons
Apple iPhone 11 Pro Pros And Cons
Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Pros And Cons
Want to buy an iPhone 11? You can buy one here:
Pulse 2.0 may receive a commission from our affiliate partners on orders made through this article
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- Google Cloud Hires Brigette McInnis-Day As HR Head
- PwC Is Spending A Massive $3 Billion To Upskill Its Employees
- Bed Bath & Beyond: Mark Tritton Appointed As President And CEO
- Report: Apple Is Aiming To Launch Its Own 5G Modem For iPhones In 2022
- Telemedicine Company Parsley Health Raises $26 Million In Funding