- Are you thinking of buying an Bose Portable Home Speaker? Here are some of the Bose Portable Home Speaker pros and cons for you to consider before buying it.
Bose recently announced the new Portable Home Speaker, which has AirPlay 2 support. The release date for the Bose Portable Home Speaker is September 19. And it will be available in Triple Black and Luxe Silver.
“Every Bose smart speaker is Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled, but the Portable is the first to offer a rechargeable battery — along with a short list of features everyone wants and loves,” said Bose senior product manager Ben Burns in the release news. “We lived with it like anyone else would — with our families and friends, away from work — to make sure it was the kind of product we wanted to use, day after day. It was. And we think people who take it home will feel the same way.”
To help you decide whether to buy the new Bose Portable Home Speaker, here is an overview of the pros and cons.
Pro: 360-Degree Sound
The new Bose Portable Home Speaker features 360-degree sound with “deeper bass” compared to its predecessor.
Pro: Digital Assistant Support
The Bose Portable Home Speaker supports Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Spotify Connect. This means you can use the speaker to ask about the weather, the news, stock quotes, etc.
Pro: 12 Hour Battery
The Bose Portable Home Speaker has a 12-hour battery life so you can easily take it to go. This gives you ample time to take the speaker to parties, picnics, etc.
Pro: IPX4 Rating
The Bose Portable Home Speaker has an IPX4 rating so it is resistant to spills, splashes, and the rain. Plus it is rugged so it can withstand drops and knocks.
Pro: Bose Music App
The Bose Portable Home Speaker can be controlled with the Music App. The Music App can be used for setting up multi-room systems. And you can use it to adjust the equalizer and manage virtual assistants.
The Bose Portable Home Speaker weighs only 2.3 pounds. This makes it easier to carry around.
The Bose Portable Home Speaker is priced on the higher end at $349. But Bose fans are accustomed to paying a higher price for a more premium sound.
Additional Bose Portable Home Speaker Specifications:
– Dimensions: 7.5” high and 4” across
– Wi-Fi (required for supporting the digital assistants)
– Buttons at the top for functionality such as mic-off, power, volume, play/pause, skip, wake, and Bluetooth
– Design: Anodized aluminum enclosure, three passive radiators inside, a handle for carrying
– Charge: USB-C or charging cradle sold separately for $29
Pulse 2.0 Score
Given these specifications, Pulse 2.0 is giving the Bose Portable Home Speaker a 4.5 out of 5. The reason why it received a high score is due to the high quality sound features, the solid battery life, and durability. But if the price was a bit lower, then the score would have been higher.
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- How Huda Kattan Built A Beauty Brand Worth More Than $1 Billion
- Detroit-Based Huron Capital Names Anthony Pulice As Partner
- Report: Getaround Is Raising Over $200 Million At More Than A $1 Billion Valuation
- GM Names Deborah Wahl As Chief Of Global Marketing
- Farm Management Platform Company Fieldin Raises $12 Million