This year, Microsoft launched a number of different Surface devices to choose from. In the 2-in-1 category, you can get a Surface Pro 7 or a Surface Pro X. This article includes an overview of the Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 specs and the Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 pros and cons.
Pro: Sleek Design
The Surface Laptop 3 has a bright and beautiful touchscreen. And the colors give the Surface Laptop 3 an aesthetic look and feel.
Pro: Speedy Processors
Inside of the 13.5-inch Surface Laptop 3 variant is a quad-core 10th Gen Intel Core i5 and the 15-inch Surface Laptop 3 variant has the latest AMD chips. This makes graphics zippier and it ensures minimal lag while using desktop applications.
Pro: USB-C Port
One of the biggest changes this year is the addition of a USB-C port, which replaced the Mini DisplayPort. The USB-C port is used for charging the Surface Laptop 3. Or you can use it for connecting an external display or connecting USB-C accessories. The Surface Laptop 3 also has a single USB-A port, a 3.5mm headphone jack, and a Surface Connector.
Pro: Fast-Charging Feature
The Surface Laptop 3 has a new fast-charging feature. This feature brings the Surface Laptop 3 to a charge of 80% from 0% in under an hour.
Con: Mediocre Battery Life
The battery life on the Surface Laptop 3 is pretty mediocre. Fortunately, the Surface Laptop 3 has a new fast-charging feature (mentioned above).
Con: Priced Aggressively
As usual, Microsoft has aggressively priced the Surface Laptop 3 on the higher end. The 13.5-inch touchscreen starts at $999 and the 15-inch touchscreen starts at $1,199. At these prices, it gives consumers more of a reason to pause and decide whether to buy a MacBook instead.
Pulse 2.0 Score
Pulse 2.0 has given the Surface Laptop 3 a score of 4 out of 5. The score would have been higher if the battery life was better and the price was lower.
Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 Specs
– 13.5-inch touchscreen: 12.1” x 8.8” x .57” (308 mm x 223 mm x 14.5 mm)
– 15-inch touchscreen: 13.4” x 9.6” x .57” (339.5 mm x 244 mm x 14.69 mm)
– 13.5-inch touchscreen: 13.5” PixelSense, 2256 x 1504 (201 PPI), 3:2 aspect ratio, Surface Pen enabled (sold separately), 10 point multi-touch
– 15-inch touchscreen: 15” PixelSense, 2496 x 1664 (201 PPI), 3:2 aspect ratio, Surface Pen enabled (sold separately), , 10 point multi-touch
– Removable solid-state drive (SSD) options – 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB
– 13.5-inch touchscreen: Up to 11.5 hours of typical device usage
– 15-inch touchscreen: Up to 11.5 hours of typical device usage
– 13.5-inch touchscreen: 8GB or 16GB LPDDR4x RAM
– 15-inch touchscreen: 8GB or 16GB DDR4 RAM
– 13.5-inch touchscreen: Intel Iris Plus Graphics
– 15-inch touchscreen: AMD Radeon Vega 9 Graphics Microsoft Surface Edition or AMD Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics Microsoft Surface Edition
– 13.5-inch touchscreen: Quad-core 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G7 Processor or Quad-core 10th Gen Intel Core i7-1065G7 Processor
– 15-inch touchscreen: AMD Ryzen 5 3580U Mobile Processor with Radeon Vega 9 Graphics Microsoft Surface Edition or AMD Ryzen 7 3780U Mobile Processor with Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics Microsoft Surface Edition
– 1 x USB-C
– 1 x USB-A
– 3.5 mm headphone jack
– 1 x Surface Connect port
– Compatible with Surface Dial off-screen interaction (sold separately)
Cameras, video, and audio
– Windows Hello face authentication camera (front-facing)
– 720p HD f2.0 camera (front-facing)
– Dual far-field Studio Mics
– Omnisonic Speakers with Dolby Audio Premium
– 13.5-inch touchscreen: Wi-Fi 6, 802.11ax compatible, Bluetooth Wireless 5.0 technology
– 15-inch touchscreen: Wi-Fi 5, 802.11ac compatible, Bluetooth Wireless 5.0 technology
Ambient light sensor
Physical Buttons: Volume, Power
– 13.5-inch touchscreen: Sandstone with metal palm rest, Matte Black with metal palm rest, Platinum with Alcantara material palm rest, Cobalt Blue with Alcantara material palm rest
– 15-inch touchscreen: Platinum with metal palm rest, Matte Black with metal palm rest
– 13.5-inch touchscreen: Matte Black and Sandstone: 2.84 lb (1,288 g) / Platinum and Cobalt Blue: 2.79 lb (1,265 g)
– 15-inch touchscreen: Platinum and Matte Black: 3.40 lb (1,542 g)
– Windows 10 Home
– Microsoft Office 365 30-day trial
– Firmware TPM, Enterprise-grade protection with Windows Hello face sign-in
– 1-year limited hardware warranty
Support from Microsoft Store
– 30-day return policy
– 90 days of free technical phone support
– 12 months in-store support and technical assistance
– 1 free training session to transfer data and optimize performance
What’s in the box
– Surface Laptop 3
– Power Supply
– Quick Start Guide
– Safety and warranty documents
– 13.5-inch touchscreen: Starts at $999
– 15-inch touchscreen: Starts at $1,199
Want To Buy A Surface Laptop 3? Here is where you can buy one:
Pulse 2.0 may receive a commission for purchases made through this article.