- Today shares of Axon Enterprise Inc (NASDAQ: AAXN) jumped 18.15% from $75.96 to $89.75. This is why the stock price surged.
Today shares of Axon Enterprise Inc (NASDAQ: AAXN) jumped 18.15% from $75.96 to $89.75. And after hours, it is trading at $92.10. Based in Scottsdale, Arizona, Axon Enterprise (formerly known as Taser International) develops technology and weapons for law enforcement and civilians. Investors clearly reacted to the protests and riots happening across the country following the death of George Floyd, which was allegedly caused by police brutality.
The looting and violence that rippled across multiple cities have been compared to the 1968 riots. These protests are calling for police reform and a call for the end of police brutality.
Axon Enterprise CEO Rick Smith is quoted as saying “We are going to make the bullet obsolete.” Axon’s products include tasers, body cameras, and storage and sharing software. Plus Axon Enterprise runs the Evidence.com website, which helps law enforcement officers by offering access to evidence management databases.
Disclosure: I own a small number of AAXN shares
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- How Microsoft Plans To Help Upskill 25 Million People By The End Of The Year (MSFT)
- EY Partners With Hult To Offer Free Virtual Corporate MBA For Company Employees
- ClickUp: $35 Million Funding And Remote Work OS Product Suite Launched
- Raytheon Technologies (RTX) Names Dantaya Williams As Chief Human Resources Officer