Mobile MySpace Officially Launches

MySpace Logo
News Corporation-owned social network, MySpace.com has recently launched a mobile version of their site. The official announcement will be made soon. The URL for the mobile site is: http://mobile.myspace.com.

“Accessing the Internet from your mobile phone will soon be as common as text messaging and voice calling,” stated John Smelzer, the senior VP of Mobile at Fox Interactive. Fox is a subsidiary of News Corporation.

Other Fox Interactive Media properities, Photobucket, FoxSports.com, IGN, and AskMen.com will also soon be going mobile. MySpace mobile users will be able to send/receive messages and friend requests, comments, add posts to bulletins, update their blogs, and find/search friends.

Information Source:
[1] Wilmington Star: Myspace to Launch Ad-Supported Cell Phone

Mobile MySpace Officially Launches Comments

1. Peter says:

MySpace is full of spam, who cares about them anyway?

2. MySpace.com says:

MySpace is the original social netowrk. Facebook not as good. I also like BlackPlanet.

3. myspace sucks says:

myspace sucks

4. john h. says:

I can’t wait till photobucket goes mobile

5. D says:

myspace is a thing of the past. a better site shares advertising revenue with YOU. get paid for the same thing. 100% FREE. don’t belive me, watch the video and sign up…
    www.thatYdude.com

6. Mo Kakwan says:

Bah, myspace isn’t slick at all. Their search is useless. I never know what’s going on with my friends. Only thing I find entertaining about is listening to music and adding artists as friends.

7. Anonymous says:

dang u guzs suck. i think myspace is great though the only thing is that its subliminaly addictive

8. camion parker says:

That’s what we need a pocket computer.

9. dat guy says:

I hate this mobile thing. I don’t get the same joy as myspace as I did b4. its retarded and now ima get rid of my phone because I only use internet for myspace..

10. jess says:

dat guy-seriously get a life! if your here tom complain about you dont like myspace on your phone then your just a spoiled lil bitch. save it for someone who cares. if you only have the phone for myspace then you have some serious problems. get a life man. get rid of it… no one will notice nor care.

11. Anonymous says:

mobile myspace is the worst thing that myspace came up with. I bought an iPhone for the Internet the real Internet not this stupid mobile version! I’m so pissed I’m gonna delete my profile and find
    a new better place for friends):

12. Amit Chowdhry says:

Just looked at MySpace Mobile again. It looks pretty good. Their disadvantage though is that Facebook’s mobile app gives users the ability to look at Photo Albums and Pictures. MySpace lacks this feature.

13. Tarkeisha Nora says:

man everyone be on myspace like they love it…..myspace aint no joke….that’s where all the fucking mess starts…..that’s all i gotta say to u and everyone else

14. drea says:

I hate mobile myspace!!! I cant look at people’s profiles, i cant search by name only email, my messages always say error, the status and mood section is so limited, I can only see one picture album when i go on my friends pages, i cant see my friends updates, i could go on and on. There should at least be a choice to be mobile or not mobile! If anyone knows how to get rid of mobile myspace PLEASE let me know!!!!

15. colin says:

holy shit. myspace mobile is the worst thing ever. ever. what were they thinking??? there is zero advantage. my iphone was running regular myspace. now it’s like i have arazr. fuuuuck this.

16. ryan says:

I hope someone high up in the company is listening when I say this. The new myspace mobile is terrible. Myspace to me was a past time when I was bored, but now all I wanna do is pass out. There should really be an option atleast for the Iphone users considering that most of them purchased the phone for full Internet capabilities. Whats the point of having an iPhone if u can’t view full real pages. I hope this isn’t a trend for other popular sites because I will totally be upset. Bottom line myspace mobile is garbage and I’ll just use my pc for now

17. Lauren says:

I totally agree with everything Ryan just said. For iPhone users, there should be the choice given of whether or not we want myspace mobile. I don’t even know about everyone else’s iPhone, but myspace mobile only shows half of my page and is so limited. Srsly, if ANYONE knows how to fix the myspace mobile problems share with all of us! :)

18. Lauren says:

ok so i answered my own question…for all of you who hate mibile myspace & want the classic version on their iphone, you have to go to the login screen of myspace mobile. Then, click on “help” & the first thing on the list says “FAQs”. Click that & the second question that was asked is “If my mobile has a large screen how do I get the classic version?” it tells you there. Idk if this is the long way to do it but I’m happy now! LOL

19. rallcco says:

am so pissed!!! I loved myspace but now I fuken hate it thnx to mobile myspace. It suks like shit! I can’t even reply to my comments..

20. lame says:

Yeah mobile myspace does suck ass. I have the blackberry pearl and when I pulled up myspace it would bring it up normal, then it started giving me the option of mobile or classic, i’d always choose classic, but now! It just automatically goes to mobile! It’s fucking stupid! As far as their little help and FAQ thing, doesn’t work. They tell you there’s an option at the bottom of the page, there isn’t. It’s pissin me off! Then you look to google for answers like everyone does, and no solution there either! Dammit!

21. lame says:

Yeah mobile myspace does suck ass. I have the blackberry pearl and when I pulled up myspace it would bring it up. normal, then it started giving me the option of mobile or classic, i’d always choose classic, but now! It just automatically goes to mobile! It’s fucking stupid! As far as their little help and FAQ thing, doesn’t work. They tell you there’s an option at the bottom of the page, there isn’t. It’s pissin me off! Then you look to google for answers like everyone does, and no solution there either! Dammit!

22. Amit Chowdhry says:

MySpace Mobile is clearly not looking good here. If News Corp/MySpace does not address this soon, they may lose a lot of users to Facebook. Mobile compatibility is just as important as viewing the site on a laptop or computer these days.

23. mariya says:

lauren ur a life saver!!!!!!!!!
    it worked!!!!
    yay I’m once again addicted to and loving myspace!!!
    thx for sharing!!

24. stefone says:

I tried to get to the classic version by going to the FAQ it worked at first then it redirected me right back the the mobile version this is the only website I can’t veiw fully and I can’t even read my messages is there another way for me to do this on my iPhone ?

25. Cerby says:

for the help..and faq…
    there’s nothing there to change it to classics..wil..
    i can’t find it..
    lame!
    i hate mobile myspace!

26. Harold says:

Yeah I know right I would rather wait an additional 5 minute cuz Myspace Mobile really sucks! “PLEASE FOUR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP MYSPACE MOBILE!”

27. Laslo says:

MySpaceMobil sucks indeed. The whole resaon I got an I phone was I wanted to search fro people on myspace whenever I meet them in a club, or whrerever. When I got my first Iphone, I logged on to myspce from a WiFi network and got good old regular MySpace. I think that set me up for that as default. But when I upgraded to a new Iphone, i doid my first MySpace Log in from the Att Cellular network because there was no WiFi available. Noe no matter what I do, clearing history or Cookies,I get the stupid MySpace Mobile. I’m going to have to return my Iphone, pay the $50 restocking fee, get a new Iphone and do my first MySpace login from a wi fi network so MySpace cannot detect that I’m using a cellular phone (Iphone)and give me that crappy MySpace mobil. What Idiot at MySpace decided not to allow search on the mobile? And why doesnrt Iphone relly clear the cookies that MySpace mobile detects and hijacks me onto mobile?

28. G D S says:

WTF!!! PLEASE GET RID OF THIS MYSPACE MOBILE S*IT !!! UGH! IT SUX! I GOT THE IPHONE TO HAVE INTERNET DAMNIT I WANT TO BE ABLE TO VIEW PAGES IN THEIR REGULAR FORMAT..THIS IS BULLS*HIT! IHATE MYSPACE NOW! IVE CONVERTED TO FACEBOOK! F*CK MYSPACE!

29. G D S says:

OMG WOHOOOOOO!!!!IGOT IT!JUST CAPITALIZE THE M AND THE S!
    www.MySpace.com
    im happy again! altho i really like facebook better ;p

30. blue says:

are they trying to force myspace mobile on a person.. make u wanna do something to yourself.. gosh pls whoever the retard is that is responsible needs to be taken care of

31. Tom says:

I can’t view my favorites on the mobile version,can you?

32. Heather says:

Thanks so much Lauren. I was ready to pull my hair but the FAQ advice worked.

33. rallcco says:

if u have an iPhone try going go MySpace.com to see the regular classic myspace rather den dat mobile crap. it seems to work fine on iPhone. Just capetalize the M nd the S. Not sure if it works with any other phone but try it nd let me know if it works.

34. Big Dick (Richard) says:

Mobile version so limited. There is no option to change to pc version at bottom of the screen. Forget the help link,forget the capital letters. All useless info. I’m pissed. How can we contact them? Tom, what the F did you do?

35. mobile sucks! says:

myspace mobile can suck cock is there a way to still get regular myspace on iPhone? Somebody needs to figure that out quick

36. gt says:

i can’t seem to get it to work for me anymore,it directs me back to mobile i hate this

37. Norma Ippolito says:

Yep! this is bad.I have tried for 5 day’s now to contact my
    grandson in NY. On myspace.Got in twice! once was today. and then I go back again and u say NOT A CORRECT ADD. Well excuse me It Worked Today.. So why NOT tonight?. Guess I will turn the thing off AGAIN. aND CLOSE MY ACCT. I opened
    the acct. to see Pics of my great grandson. HELPPPP!

38. Norma Ippolito says:

Yep! this is bad.I have tried for 5 day’s now to contact my
    the acct. to see Pics of my great grandson. HELPPPP! It seems that is all you have is trouble??

39. Damien says:

I agree this is horrible. I have an iPhone and everything was great and then they forced mobile and it looks like crap and doesn’t work. If you want to file a complaint this is the their only page I’ve seen about it….the official mobile page.

40. Mary says:

I have an iPhone, I have tried captializing the m and the s and it still automatically logs in as mobile I hate myspace mobile. Who ever came up with that lame brain idea should get his hiss kicked cause it really sucks.

41. adam jay says:

bookmark this on your iphone people:

that URL will force the classic, non-Mobile Mypsace page.

42. Kaj says:

People are saying Facebook is better than Myspace because of less SPAM?? That is SO NOT TRUE!! I constantly get emails such as “You have been voted out as a HOTTIE click this link to see who voted for you..” from facebook. I click the link, it asks me to install some stupid facebook app.. then it takes me to “BUY RINGTONES” site or some similar crap!! It’s a lot worse wasting 5 minutes of my time to see a damn advertisement? That’s not happening on myspace…

Oh P.S. – the myspace mobile is unfortunately a flopp. I can’t even access myspace from my iphone anymore since them made it mobile.. the front page errors out…

43. Brian says:

myspace is crap altogether. Who wants their personal data exposed to the entire planet in the first place? And to know this is the kind of crappy engineering staff they have? No thanks, myspace.

44. Doug says:

Thanks Lauren!!!! (18)

45. zach says:

I could use myspace mobile last night and It wont let me on wtf

46. Misty says:

I have an Iphone and I hate myspace mobile. If you go onto myspace mobile there is an option you can check mobile or pc. Click PC and it will direct you to the regular myspace. Problem solved.

47. chris says:

fuckyspace mobile!!! It is the biggest piece of fucking dog shit I have ever fucking used. I’d like to take this four hundred dollar phone and shove it up someones fat ads up there at myspace then roll the fat fucker down a hill into traffic. The mobile website has so many errors I can’t even go to the piece of shit frequently asked fucking shithole questions!! I’m pissed someone better do something right fucking now or I’m going to get really fucking mad and spam the whole fucking country!!!!

48. Xorcizta says:

I don’t like the mobile version of the
    iPhone. It was better the way it was.
    PLEASE!!! make it back to normal.
    I like the computer view.
    Forget about going mobile,
    able it to listen to music and to view videos!

Please!! It keeps displaying a page
    full of errors when i log.
    I’m very dissapointed. :(

49. NewAmsterdamn says:

Adam Jay is a genius…

“bookmark this on your iphone people:

that URL will force the classic, non-Mobile Mypsace page.

IT WORKS!!

50. brittany!! says:

i figured it out!!! yay me!! you dont have to bookmark anything!!!! or do any of that crap.. instead of www.myspace.com…. type home.myspace.com…. my beautiful page is back on my iphone!! :) hope this helps you all~~

51. niecii says:

MaNn yuu guys STUPID….MySpaCe WACK n.e.Wayy…..GeTt ayy LiFe yuu duMm aSs LOOZERz!!….aiim iiS thEe NeW iiSh!!

52. samone says:

myspace mobile really is lame in they should try to at least upgrade it

53. dumb azz hoes says:

for niecii bitch didnt nobody say shit to you we talking about myspace an if you dont have n e thing to do but talk shit for no reason then you a lame azz hoe no dat

54. Dylan says:

wats the deal bitchez hit me up write me at 25331 west 39th street south goddard ks 67052