Scrabulous Relaunches Under A New Facebook App Name Called Wordscraper

Pulse 2.0 commenter, Adam Rinkleff pointed out that Scrabulous has relaunched into a new game called Wordscraper.  This news comes one day after the blogosphere reported that Scrabulous, an application created by Rajat Agarwalla and Jayant Aggarwalla, was shut-down.

Below is the description of the new game:

Welcome to Wordscraper. It’s the only game on Facebook that allows you to play the game the way you want to! With Wordscraper you can build your own board and try out whacky combinations with special high value squares.

The game is turn based, so you need not be online for very long periods. Plus, we also give you the option to store a board layout. This saves time when you want to play new games with the same layout.

So give it a try, you will love it. Don’t follow rules, make them!

The new game already has close to 200 daily active users.  What will EA and Hasbro do about this game?  Hopefully nothing.

Click here to add the new application.

Scrabulous Relaunches Under A New Facebook App Name Called Wordscraper Comments

1. gregorylent says:

i was raised to despise knockoffs and imitations and we had a childhood word for it, copycat. it was not a compliment. now these guys come from a culture that has exactly the opposite value system. how to judge it? i don’t know. but even their money doesn’t make me respect them. they don’t care, i am sure. neither do most in their arena. about much at all, except money. enjoy the dough. pay your lanjaam

2. Amit Chowdhry says:

I’m confused about whether you are talking about Hasbro or Wordscraper.

3. Jeff McNeill says:

Obviously talking about Hasbeen, Wordscraper on the other hand is freaking awesome! The innovation is getting something fun into the hands (or screens) of people. That, my friends, is innovation. Everything else is worthless. After all, these so-called “protections” were meant only to exist for the purpose of encouraging artists and inventors and securing the benefits for society. If that can be done without these protections, then said protections are no longer needed and indeed should be scrapped.

4. Amit Chowdhry says:

Got it. It took me a minute there to understand his comment.

“The innovation is getting something fun into the hands (or screens) of people. That, my friends, is innovation. Everything else is worthless.”

Wholeheartedly agree with you there, Jeff. Long live Wordscraper!

5. Anna says:

I just want to point out that Wordscraper is not new. It’s been around for a while. I added it to my Facebook a while back but never played it, until Scrabulous was gone and Hasbro’s version was ‘down for maintenance’ all in the same day. Wordscraper is OK, but it’s not Scrabulous. I’ve moved to email Scrabulous for now.

6. maida grenier says:

I would like to continue playing my game with bobbie jackson

7. eydie says:

everyone is saying that wordscraper is the new scrabulous. no, it isn’t. i was addicted to scrabulous, but i don’t understand wordscraper at all.my email is eydiesanders2002@yahoo.com. will someone please email me and explain how to play wordscraper? i’m angry because i had a decent rating on scrabulous and now i’ve lost it. i am angry that the layout is different. on wordscraper, you can’t see who’s waiting for a game, there are no rooms such as “addicts attic” or “coffeehouse”, you can’t see other people’s ratings, it’s nothing like scrabulous. please someone help me!

8. eydie says:

oh joy joy joy. i’m in heaven. lexulous.com is scrabulous! just played a game. it’s the same thing, renamed.

9. Gladyskravetz says:

I’m with Edie!!!
    I first found Scrabulous when Literati started with the sign on codes. I was so frustrated that after years of playing, I went to look for something else. I loved Scrabulous. I didn’t have to sign up with another service, risking more spam, and being tracked. I would play Wordscraper, but I don’t want to sign on to Facebook. I wish they had just renamed Scrabulous and kept it on the same server. Come on, guys, you can do it!

10. Gladyskravetz says:

Just read Eydie’s second post! I’m going there!

11. ccole says:

help. i was addicted to scrabulous. what is the next best thing?