- A.Capital Partners — a venture firm founded by Ronny Conway — is planning to raise $140 million for a third early-stage fund
A.Capital Partners — a venture firm founded by former Andreessen Horowitz partner and former Google exec Ronny Conway — is planning to raise $140 million for a third early-stage fund (“A. Capital Partners III, L.P.”), according to an SEC filing discovered by TechCrunch. Launched six years ago, A.Capital invests in consumer and enterprise startups. Some of the companies in A.Capital’s portfolio include Airbnb, Coinbase, Databricks, Lugg, Near, Pinterest, Quartzy, and Reddit.
While at Andreessen Horowitz, Conway led the seed-stage program for about four years and then departed in 2013 to set up a debut fund for A. Capital Partners with $51 million in capital commitments. And he also set up two smaller parallel funds at the time reported Andreessen Horowitz.
The team at A.Capital also includes former Andreessen Horowitz partner Ramu Arunachalam (partner), former SV Angel investor Kartik Talwar (general partner), former GV head of talent practice Carrie Farrell (Partner-Talent/Operations), former GV recruiting partner Brad Strader (Talent Partner), former CadenceCounsel COO Zachary Miller (COO), and Heather Stickel (executive assistant).
Talwar had previously worked with Ronny Conway’s brother Topher Conway and father Ron Conway at SV Angel. The advisors at A.Capital include Ben Horowitz (co-founder and partner of Andreessen Horowitz), Paul Graham (Y Combinator co-founder), and Ron Conway (SV Angel founder).
TechCrunch pointed out that Ronny Conway has been credited with introducing Andreessen Horowitz to Instagram before the photo social network became mainstream. Ronny Conway had met with Instagram co-founder Kevin Systrom while they both were working at Google. Andreessen Horowitz had made a seed-stage investment on Instagram.
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- Composable Observability Platform Grafana Labs Raises $24 Million In Funding
- How Bank Of America Is Saving $2 Billion Every Year By Building Its Own Cloud
- Ellevest Founder Sallie Krawcheck Reveals How She Stays Energetic
- Smartsheet Announces Integration With Adobe Creative Cloud
- iPad Air 2 vs. iPad Air 3: Differences You Should Know About