- AccelFoods is a women-led venture capital firm that is one of the largest investors in food and beverage startups. These are the details about the firm.
AccelFoods is a women-led venture capital fund that is one of the biggest investors in food and beverage startups. AccelFoods is headed by managing partner Jordan Gaspar. And AccelFoods has invested in several companies, including Alpha Foods, Exo, Nounos, Koia, Soozy’s, Roar, Aloe Gloe, Skinny Dipped Almonds, Four Sigmatic, Wandering Bear, and Jica Chips.
According to PwC, the world population is expected to reach 10 billion by the year 2050 and this will lead to higher percentages of food consumption. So sustainability and innovation around food availability are becoming essential.
With about $95 million in assets, AccelFoods has more than a few dozen companies under active management. And it plans to invest in about 8 to 10 new companies every year.
Gaspar is a former corporate lawyer who used to work at Morrison Cohen LLP and Pryor Cashman LLP. And AccelFoods managing partner Lauren Alexander Jupiter previously worked as a brand management MBA intern at Unilever and as an associate director at UBS Investment Bank.
Initially, they started out with a $4 million fund and incubated food and beverage brands. And since launching Gaspar and Jupiter have spoken to thousands of emerging food and beverage companies.
The team also includes chief of staff Alexandre P. Wolf, operating partner Eric Berniker, operating partner Chris Campbell, operating partner Paul Eskenazi, operating partner Paula Grant, operating partner Chris Hickey, operating partner William Madden, operating partner Bart Silvestro, general counsel Chris Konieczny, vice president David Levinson, associate Michael Arnstein, analyst Daniel Maffezzoli, analyst Rooshil Shah, and administrative head Mary Kate Engstrom.
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- Composable Observability Platform Grafana Labs Raises $24 Million In Funding
- How Bank Of America Is Saving $2 Billion Every Year By Building Its Own Cloud
- Ellevest Founder Sallie Krawcheck Reveals How She Stays Energetic
- Smartsheet Announces Integration With Adobe Creative Cloud
- iPad Air 2 vs. iPad Air 3: Differences You Should Know About