- AMC Networks has announced a partnership with startup accelerator with Plug and Play to explore new technologies and invest in startups
AMC Networks has announced a partnership with startup accelerator with Plug and Play to explore new technologies and invest in startups. And along with other partners, AMC Networks will collaborate with Plug and Play Media & Advertising as a founding partner to support and establish their new ecosystem.
“AMC Networks has a remarkable history as an innovator in entertainment and advertising and we are excited to bring that tradition to Plug and Play’s Innovation Platform,” said Mac McKean, EVP of Innovation at AMC Networks. “We seek to deepen our connections to tech, service and product innovators, at startups and corporations alike. We expect these connections to spark fresh opportunities to serve viewers, advertisers, and partners in new, paradigm-busting ways.”
From an advertising perspective, AMC has been a leader in innovative branded experiences for their advertisers — which includes branded storytelling that uses emerging consumer technologies like augmented reality. Plug and Play’s Media & Advertising program is going to run its first three-month accelerator through the start of 2020. And startups accepted into the program will meet one-on-one with the corporate partners to analyze opportunities for pilot projects, POCs, new customers, and investment.
“The advertising industry is at the junction of a tectonic shift of technology, consumers, culture, and communication. We have an incredible opportunity to explore new ideas and make a significant difference by collaborating as a group,” added Alex Mojtahedi, Head of Plug and Play Media & Advertising. “We are extremely excited for our partnership with AMC Networks and look forward to shaping the future of this industry with our partners.”
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- VMware Finalizes The $2.7 Billion Acquisition Of Pivotal
- PwC Reveals Why Its $3 Billion Upskilling Program Is Important For Society
- LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner: 'Satya Has Made Good' On Microsoft's Acquisition Agreement
- How Google Is Using AI To Improve Breast Cancer Screening
- Pepsi Has A New Tagline: ‘That’s What I Like’