- According to Counterpoint Research, the Apple iPhone XR was the best selling smartphone in Q3 2019
Counterpoint Research has announced its list of best-selling smartphones for Q3 2019. And Apple’s iPhone XR has come out on top with 3% of sales during the period.
Ever since the Apple iPhone XR was released, it was the best selling smartphone in every quarter so far except for its launch quarter of Q3 2018. Plus Apple also hit rank #5 with the iPhone 11 at 1.6% of sales for the quarter.
Samsung topped the charts as well. The Samsung Galaxy A10 was in second place at 2.6% and was the most popular Android phone in Q3 2019.
Other Samsung devices that were in the rankings included the Galaxy A50 (third place) and the Galaxy A20 (seventh place). These charts indicate that Samsung’s strategy to focus on producing smartphones for consumers on a budget is paying off. The Galaxy A10 is Samsung’s lowest priced option in the A-series.
Oppo also saw some solid rankings. The Oppo A9 was in fourth place, the Oppo A5 was in sixth place, and the Oppo A5s was in eighth place. And the Xiaomi Redmi 7A was in ninth place.
Along with the Huawei P30 (tenth place), the iPhone XR and iPhone 11 were the only three flagship-class smartphones on the list. The seven other devices are mid-tier devices.
One of the reasons why the iPhone XR saw strong sales is due to price adjustments made in China and other markets. Plus Apple also dropped the price of the iPhone XR in India earlier this year.
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- VMware Finalizes The $2.7 Billion Acquisition Of Pivotal
- PwC Reveals Why Its $3 Billion Upskilling Program Is Important For Society
- LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner: 'Satya Has Made Good' On Microsoft's Acquisition Agreement
- How Google Is Using AI To Improve Breast Cancer Screening
- Pepsi Has A New Tagline: ‘That’s What I Like’