- Apple Pay VP Jennifer Bailey recently conducted an interview with CNN where she revealed that cryptocurrency “has interesting long-term potential.”
Jennifer Bailey — the Vice President of Internet Services at Apple Pay — recently conducted an interview with CNN Chief Business Correspondent Christine Romans at a private event where she said that the consumer electronics giant is “watching cryptocurrency.”
Bailey discussed the trend during a discussion about the future of payment and the role that Apple Pay and Apple Card plays during a CNN Business’ event series called The Table.
“We think it’s interesting. We think it has interesting long-term potential,” added Bailey referring to cryptocurrency.
Apple is not the only tech giant looking into cryptocurrency. Facebook is developing its own cryptocurrency called Libra. And Square is also hiring cryptocurrency engineers.
And Apple has been making a major push into payments this year already by launching the Apple Card credit card through a partnership with Goldman Sachs and Mastercard. And the Apple Pay digital wallet service is processing almost one billion transactions per month.
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- How Microsoft Plans To Help Upskill 25 Million People By The End Of The Year (MSFT)
- EY Partners With Hult To Offer Free Virtual Corporate MBA For Company Employees
- ClickUp: $35 Million Funding And Remote Work OS Product Suite Launched
- Why ServiceNow (NOW) Is Buying Configuration Data Management Company Sweagle