- Apple is now selling One Drop blood glucose monitors at some of its retail stores, which is compatible with the Health app
Apple is now selling One Drop blood glucose monitors in a number of its retail stores. The One Drop blood glucose monitor is a diabetes management device that is compatible with Apple’s Health app. And OneDrop also works with the Apple Watch.
If you are interested in this product, then you can ask an Apple employee how it works. You can also buy it through apple.com.
One Drop connects to your devices through Bluetooth and requires you to draw a drop of blood to measure glucose levels. This is tracked in the Health track so you can monitor your progress over time.
The One Drop device has a retail price of $69.95. And the purchase includes a year of free coaching from a certified diabetes professional through the One Drop app.
This is not the first time that Apple sold a diabetes management device. There was a device called the iBGStar meter available before Apple switched to Lightning ports from 30-pin connectors.
In previous interviews, Apple CEO Tim Cook said that the company has a goal of pushing further into the healthcare space. Offering One Drop in its retail stores validates this strategy along with all of the new health features built into the upcoming version of watchOS (coming in September) such as menstrual cycle tracking and hearing abilities.
Earlier this year, Apple reportedly quietly acquired Tueo Health. Tueo Health is known for its tracking asthma for sleeping children.
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- How Microsoft Plans To Help Upskill 25 Million People By The End Of The Year (MSFT)
- Raytheon Technologies (RTX) Names Dantaya Williams As Chief Human Resources Officer
- ClickUp: $35 Million Funding And Remote Work OS Product Suite Launched
- EY Partners With Hult To Offer Free Virtual Corporate MBA For Company Employees