- Atomo Coffee has raised $2.6 million in a seed round of funding the world’s first molecular coffee made without beans
Atomo Coffee recently announced it raised $2.6 million in a seed round of funding to develop the world’s first molecular coffee made without beans. The Atomo team has reverse-engineered the coffee bean to create a uniquely smooth cup of coffee — one that is more consistent and more sustainable than current commercial coffee.
Due to climate change, coffee farmers are being pushed uphill into virgin rain forest lands thus causing approximately 250,000 acres of deforestation per year. Atomo is aiming to solve this problem by producing naturally derived ingredients delivering the same great coffee experience without the negative environmental impacts.
“Atomo’s beanless coffee provides consumers with a sustainable choice while delivering the great taste and caffeine they expect in their morning cup,” said Atomo Coffee CEO Andy Kleitsch.
“The coffee industry is ripe for innovation and change,” added Atomo Coffee Chief Scientist, Jarret Stopforth, Ph.D. “The acceptance of agriculture alternatives has been proven with meatless meats and dairy-free milks, we want to continue that movement in a category we feel passionate about, coffee.”
“Coffee consumption has been steadily increasing year over year globally. We are proud to share Atomo’s vision in finding innovative alternative solutions to the growing issues surrounding the coffee industry,” explained Tony Lau of Horizons Ventures.
Atomo Coffee also added food and beverage technology veterans to their advisory board such as Soylent CEO Bryan Crowley and Chahan Yeretzian of the Swiss Coffee Excellence Center (ZHAW).
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- How Microsoft Plans To Help Upskill 25 Million People By The End Of The Year (MSFT)
- Raytheon Technologies (RTX) Names Dantaya Williams As Chief Human Resources Officer
- ClickUp: $35 Million Funding And Remote Work OS Product Suite Launched
- EY Partners With Hult To Offer Free Virtual Corporate MBA For Company Employees