- Consumers have spent $7.4 billion in online spending over Black Friday, according to estimates from Adobe Analytics.
In the second-largest online shopping sales day ever, consumers spent $7.4 billion on Black Friday according to Adobe Analytics. The biggest online sales day was Cyber Monday last year — which hit $7.9 billion. Of the $7.4 billion spent, $2.9 billion in purchases were made through smartphones.
Adobe pointed out that Buy Online Pick up In Store (BOPIS) orders jumped 43.2% year-over-year. This data shows that customers still want to visit stores without having to browse for the products themselves.
The average order value per consumer was $168, up nearly 6% year-over-year. And it hit a new Black Friday record. Adobe estimates the numbers through transactions from 80 out of the top 100 U.S. online retailers.
“Small Business Saturday” already hit $470 million in online spend as of 9 AM ET — which is up 18% over last year. And the sales were likely to surpass $3 billion for the day.
“With Christmas now rapidly approaching, consumers increasingly jumped on their phones rather than standing in line,” said Adobe Digital Insights principal analyst and head Taylor Schreiner in a statement. “Small Business Saturday will accelerate sales for those retailers who can offer unique products or services that the retail giants can’t provide.”
Adobe projected that online sales were up about 20% from last year. And the increase in cyber activity indicates that consumers are becoming more comfortable buying high-priced items at discount prices without having to go to stores.
For Cyber Monday, Adobe is expecting that another record will be broken. This year, Cyber Monday is expected to hit $9.4 billion.
On Thanksgiving day, consumers spent $4.2 billion online. This is a 14.5% increase compared to last year.
Some of the best selling products include Frozen 2 toys, Apple AirPods, Samsung TVs, and video games like FIFA 20 and Madden 20.
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- Ray Dalio: Trade War With China Could Turn Into A Capital War
- LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner: Using Compassion To Build A Company
- Deutsche Bank: Machine Learning Has Saved 680,000 Hours Of Manual Work
- Agentless Cross-Platform Digital Forensics Company ZecOps Secures $10.2 Million In Funding
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise: New Kubernetes-Based Platform And Next-Gen HPC And AI Solutions