- Camp, a New York-based retail store founded by BuzzFeed CMO Ben Kaufman, announced it raised $10.5 million
New York-based retail store Camp recently filed paperwork with the SEC showing that it raised about $10.5 million out of a targeted $11 million equity only funding round as pointed out by Crunchbase News. The first capital commitment came in early April and it was provided by five investors.
Camp is a high-tech retailer that sells toys, cooking classes, and craft sessions. This place is essentially a great way for parents and guardians to bond with their kids.
And Camp sells a subscription option for kids to access free activities. The membership also includes one free “date night drop-off” per month — which allows parents to send their kids to the Camp store between 6 PM and 9 PM on select Friday or Saturday nights. Non-members have to pay $60 for one date night drop-off.
Currently, Camp has one location open at 110 5th Ave, New York, NY 10011 in Manhattan and another location in Brooklyn will be opening soon.
Ben Kaufman, the chief marketing officer at BuzzFeed, founded Camp in June 2018. And the SEC filing also lists the members of the board at the company. This includes Rachel Shechtman (brand experience officer at Macy’s), RRE Ventures founder and general partner James Robinson, and Imaginary Ventures co-founder partner Nicholas Brown.
Before joining BuzzFeed, Kaufman was the founder and CEO of Quirky. Quirky was an invention incubation company that raised over $185 million in debt and equity before filing for bankruptcy in 2015. Kaufman is also known as the founder of device case company Mophie. BuzzFeed founder and CEO Jonah Peretti was previously listed as a non-executive director but he does not appear to be on the board anymore.
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- Adobe To Partner With Microsoft-Accenture Joint Venture Avanade
- Kopari Beauty Raises $20 Million
- These Former Bain Executives Are Raising $400 Million For A New Hedge Fund Called 325 Capital
- Google Cloud: Kirsten Kliphouse And Eduardo Lopez Take On Major Sales Roles
- Robot-Assisted Dental Surgery Platform Company Neocis Raises $30 Million