- Cars.com announced it named Dean Evans as the head of its marketing tools with an EVP title. These are the details.
Cars.com announced it has hired Dean Evans as the head of its marketing tools like digital video. By hiring Evans, Cars.com is expecting to see dealer profitability increases.
Evans’ title at Cars.com will be executive vice president. And he will be reporting directly to Cars.com president and CEO Alex Vetter. Previously, Evans worked as the chief marketing officer for Hyundai Motor America for four years.
In an interview with Automotive News, Evans said that he was “really attracted” to the Cars.com team and the technology behind the company.
“I see dealer profitability as something that we have to take very seriously. I feel the vibration in the retail network,” said Evans via Automotive News. “Dealers really want a better way forward because of all the unknowns moving forward at retail these days.”
Prior to joining Hyundai, Evans had served as the marketing head at Subaru of America and at a dealership website company called Dealer.com. Plus he also worked at Land Rover North America and Chrysler.
Evans strongly believes that data drives effective marketing efforts. And he has been credit by developing Hyundai’s 2019 Super Bowl ad with actor Jason Bateman.
Vetter and Evans have known each other for over 20 years. And they had common views about where the auto sector is headed.
Going forward, Evans is going to work on helping develop digital video marketing for dealers — which could be a more effective way of advertising compared to TV.
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- Why Kronos And Ultimate Software Are Merging In A $22 Billion Deal
- Microsoft Sets Up An Innovation Hub In Noida, India
- Why Accenture Is Buying VanBerlo
- iPad Air 2 vs. iPad Air 3: Differences You Should Know About
- Comcast And NuEyes To Enable Customers With Visual Disabilities To See TV With Smartglasses