- New York-based commercial real estate transaction data and analytics company CompStak raises $12 million in Series B
- IA Capital led the investment round and included participation from existing investors Canaan Partners, RealPage, Inc., and 500 Startups.
CompStak, a New York-based leader in commercial real estate transaction data and analytics, announced recently that it raised $12 million in Series B funding. With this funding round, CompStak is going to accelerate its growth.
IA Capital led the investment round with participation from existing investors Canaan Partners, RealPage, Inc., and 500 Startups. Including this round, CompStak’s total funding since launching in 2012 is $28 million with a strategic investment from Moody’s in 2017.
“IA Capital’s fund, backed by major insurance companies, is a terrific strategic fit for CompStak as we continue to expand our relationships with financial firms and insurance companies,” said CompStak CEO and co-founder Michael Mandel. “They fully understood our market vision, and it was clear that IA Capital could help us achieve that vision.”
The funding is going to be used to continue to accelerate growth into new product segments, expand the Exchange platform member base, acquire top talent, and propel revenue and customer growth on top of the foundation the company already built.
“We have been incredibly impressed by the robustness of CompStak’s platform and the quality of their proprietary data,” added IA Capital Principal Matt Perlman. “CRE is a massive industry with a palpable demand for new solutions and CompStak’s growing list of marquee clients is a testament to how well the team has executed. We are excited to help them expand to new markets and use cases in CRE finance, insurance and beyond.”
The funding announcement comes on the heels of a great year for CompStak — which started with its partnership with Moody’s Analytics and included the rollout of CompStak’s Sales Comp platform, the launch of CompStak Analytics, and recent partnerships with DealPath and TransitScreen. Plus CompStak’s Enterprise client roster also grew to include the world’s largest real estate investors, lenders, and advisors, including recent wins with Allianz, Lendlease, L&L Holdings, Mitsui Fudosan, and PwC.
CompStak also recently doubled the size of its team and made a number of new hires in roles across the company including Chief Commercial Officer Chris Aronson (former CEO of EDR).
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- CAT Labs: This Company Is Redefining The $30+ Billion Global Cybersecurity Forensics Technology Market
- Apple iPad Pro 5 vs iPad Pro 4: Differences You Should Know About
- iPad Air 2 vs. iPad Air 3: Differences You Should Know About
- Carlton James Group: This Investment Firm Specializes In Ramping Up Companies During Economic Downturns